Facebook Campaign enables us to measure response and retarget from campaigns we run on Facebook and Instagram

Tell us if you're unhappy with something

View our COVID-19: complaints and FOIs page to see how coronavirus may affect the way you can make a complaint.

We always try to get things right, however, we know that sometimes they go wrong. Please tell us why you're unhappy by choosing an option below, so we can work out how we can help to fix the problem.

Report a problem

You can now report most problems online. This will be the quickest way to resolve most issues. You can also track the progress of reports using your Enfield Connected account.

Problems may include:

  • your bin not being collected
  • a messy street
  • fly-tipping
  • a noisy neighbour
  • dog fouling

Report a problem

Appeal a fine or decision

You may want to appeal:

Make a formal complaint

We want to resolve problems quickly so encourage you to speak directly with the service concerned in the first instance.

If the issue can’t be resolved with the service, you can submit a complaint following our Corporate Complaints process which involves the following two stages:

Initial review

We try to resolve matters quickly and aim to acknowledge your initial complaint within three working days of receipt. Your complaint should then be addressed by the service area within ten working days of acknowledgement. In some cases, this can be extended by a further ten working days. If there are any difficulties meeting the extended timescale, we will keep you informed about the delay and when you can expect to receive your response.

Final review 

If you’re unhappy with the response to your initial complaint, you can ask us to consider your complaint at a final review. You will need to provide a list of the points you are unhappy with and any outcomes you’re seeking.

We aim to acknowledge your final review complaint within five working days. A senior service manager, in consultation with the complaints team, will consider your complaint and you should receive a formal written response within thirty working days of acknowledgement. If you’re not satisfied with our response at this stage, you can complain to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman or, where applicable, the Housing Ombudsman.

Before making a complaint

Before making a complaint, you should read our new Corporate Complaints Policy (PDF) which was updated on 1 July 2019.

There is a separate process if your complaint relates to adult social care or children's social care. You should speak to the carer or the care team in the first instance and if you are still unhappy, you should go ahead with a formal complaint to us.

If you are unhappy with a school, you should contact them directly as these don't come under our complaints process. For more information and advice, visit our school complaints page.

We are committed to dealing with complaints fairly and  treat both customers and council employees with respect. In a minority of cases, some complaints can be vexatious and unreasonable. We therefore operate a policy for responding to these. View the Persistent and Vexatious Complainants policy (PDF).

Make a formal complaint

You will need an Enfield Connected account in order to make a complaint online. This will allow you to track the progress of your complaint, and make it easy for us to get in contact with you.