Facebook Campaign enables us to measure response and retarget from campaigns we run on Facebook and Instagram

Make a formal complaint

It may be quicker and more effective to resolve your complaint using the report a problem page. If you have already reported the issue and are still unhappy, you can make a formal complaint by following the steps below.

How to make a formal complaint

If you want to make a formal complaint, please read through the information on this page and then submit your complaint using the red button below.

These policies will help to explain the complaints process:

  1. For most complaints, the process is explained in the Corporate Complaints Policy (PDF). Please read this document, which will explain the different stages.
  2. The policy for adult and child social care has a separate statutory process. For these complaints, please read the policies for adult social care or children's social care.
  3. If you’re unhappy with a school, you should contact them directly as these don't come under our complaints processes. For more information and advice, visit our school complaints page.
  4. If you’re unhappy with our response to your complaint or want independent advice, you can consult with the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman or, where applicable, the Housing Ombudsman.
  5. We are committed to dealing with complaints fairly and treat both customers and council employees with respect. In a minority of cases, some complaints can be vexatious and unreasonable. We therefore operate a policy for responding to these. View the Persistent and Vexatious Complainants policy (PDF).

Submitting a formal complaint

To submit a formal complaint for any of the policies or services, please click on the red button below.

Make a formal complaint