Physical activity is crucial for your child’s health. They should be active for at least 60 minutes every day, in bouts of 10 minutes or more. Children rarely reach 60 minutes through PE and after-school clubs, so it’s important that they are active at home. Walking or cycling to school are easy ways to reach this target.
Use the following videos, apps and interactive tools to help your children and family to move more.
Aim for 60 minutes a day, anytime, anywhere
- Lots of cycle routes, events and activities, including cycle training
- Informed Families online directory lists After School Clubs and Holiday Play schemes
- Active Enfield organises a range of fun and engaging sport, dance and health activities all year round
- For more opportunities to keep active in Enfield visit Keep-fit classes, Yoga and Enfield Sports Clubs Directory.
- Parks in Enfield Lots of walking routes, pitches and courts, park activities and volunteering opportunities
- Park Run Free 5km running events for all levels every Saturday morning in Edmonton and Grovelands park
Physical activity websites
- Change 4 Life Lots of ideas to help families move more including 10 Minute Shake Ups!
- English federation of disability sport Information about being physically active for people with a disability
- Change4Life Fun Generator The Change4Life fun generator app is packed with over 100 fun activities for your kids to enjoy, indoors and out.