This page will provide all the information you need to help your family eat well, including cutting out sugar, portion sizes and healthy eating on a budget.
Here are some trustworthy websites for helping your family to eat well:
- Change4Life Eat well, move more, live longer! Also has advice on school height and weight checks
- Start4Life Healthy tips and advice for pregnant women, new mums, dads-to-be, friends & families
- The Caroline Walker Trust Nutritional and practical guidelines for children, including in the first year, 1-4 years, 5 – 11 years, 12 – 18 years and children with learning disabilities. Photos of appropriate portion sizes are also provided.
- Change4Life’s Smart Recipes app With 160 quick, easy and tasty recipes you’re bound to find something that the whole family will love. Most recipes serve four adults and cost around £5 to make.
- For children, eating a school meal is the easiest and cheapest way to guarantee they are getting a healthy and nutritious meal. Learn more about school meals in Enfield at My school lunch.
- Is your child eligible for Free school meals? This service provides advice and guidance to parents on applying for free meals for pupils.
- For more information on welfare benefits and other schemes that can supplement the family food budget, please visit the online Financial guide for parents from Enfield Early Years Service, Enfield’s Family Information Service.