EQUIPMENT TO IMPROVE HEALTH & WELLBEING IN SCHOOLS
1. Water Fountains
The Drinking Fountain Association (DFA) can provide a Novus drinking fountain (usually £450) to primary and secondary schools for a £50 one-off membership fee. Schools would need to cover the costs of installing the fountains, which the DFA has advised costs approximately £70.
Please contact Jane Goldberger at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or return to attached application form to her.
2. Edible Playgrounds
Edible Playgrounds transform school grounds into vibrant outdoor teaching gardens that inspire hands-on learning and get children excited about growing and eating healthy food.
The cost of the Edible Playground project per school is typically £30,000 (+VAT), depending on the scale of the build, of which schools are asked to contribute up to £10,000 (+ VAT). Trees for Cities commits to the remaining cost for suitable projects.
Please contact Mike at email@example.com for further information
3. Mobile Cook Kitchens
Mobile Cook Station is a great option for primary schools without food technology rooms. It is a fantastic new concept for teaching practical cooking to KS1 & KS2 pupils, within their own classroom and reduces the health and safety risks because young children don’t handle hot equipment. It complies with the European British Standard EN 60335-2-6
A 10% discount and free delivery offer is available to all the schools in Enfield until the 31st December 2018. Prices start from £1,045 – £4,300
Please contact Ian for further information at E firstname.lastname@example.org or T 01744 410 438
· 1 day Healthy Cooking training for teachers. Contact email@example.com
· All schools in Enfield are eligible to take part in The Felix Project Schools Programme, which provides a free weekly delivery of fresh food to schools for children and their families to take home.
4. Mile-a-day Playground Markings
Magical UK Ltd offer all Enfield schools a Mile-a-Day Circuit at a discounted price of £4 per Linear Meter (+VAT).
The Mile-a-Day Circuit will include a linear line with markers measured and installed every 20m. Price is inclusive of all material and installation charges. Orders can be placed with no minimum order value; however this is subject to a flexible installation date.
Price includes a Game Card explaining the number of circuits required to achieve a Mile-a-Day. Site Surveys, Playground Inspections, Consultations, Playground Designs, Proposals & Quotes are provided as part of the Magical UK service & experience and these are all totally “free of charge”.
For Further Information please contact Mahesh Patel on M: 07446 939 806 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
· All Enfield primary schools are eligible for support to embed The Daily Mile. Please contact Sally.Porter@Enfield.gov.uk for further information.
· The Active School Planner is a free tool for primary schools to track and improve physical activity levels in their pupils
5. PE Equipment
Universal Services UK are manufacturers and distributors of sports equipment, including link equipment, movement tables, trestles and more.
Contact Andreas at Andreas@universalservicesuk.co.uk for further information.
6. Ridgeback Balance Bikes
A range of high quality children’s bikes that are reliable and easy to use helping children learn the life-long skill of cycling
For further information please visit: Ridge back kids
Ready, set, ride is a simple learn to ride programme for children aged 18 months – eight years, created by British Cycling together with the Youth Sport Trust. Training available on Friday 23rd November 2018, 12:30pm – 4:00pm at Eversley Primary School. Bookings can be made via www.enfieldpeteam.co.uk
· All Enfield schools can access funding and support for safe, sustainable and active travel to school by developing a school travel plan with Transport for London’s STARS programme. Email email@example.com for further information.
· Visit Cycle Enfield for additional activities like cycle and maintenance skills, Dr Bike check-ups and cycle parking.