Whether you’re trying to lose weight, get in shape or just live a healthier life, eating well has lots of benefits. From improving your health to saving you money, there are lots of reasons to eat well. Here you will find information to help your family eat well, including tips to reduce sugar, recommended portion sizes and healthy eating on a budget. There are videos, apps and interactive tools to make learning about healthy eating fun.
- One You Eat Well
- NHS Choices Healthy eating and dietary advice, including information about the Eatwell plate
- The British Heart Foundation Information on healthy eating on a budget and for heart health
- British Nutrition Foundation Advice and tips on how to put healthy eating and active lifestyle into practice
- British Dietetic Association Expert nutritional information
- If you have any queries or concerns about you or your family’s diet, activity levels or weight, you should discuss these with your GP.
- For more information on welfare benefits and other schemes that can supplement the family food budget, please visit Financial guide for parents on the Informed Families website, Enfield’s Family Information Service.
- The One You Easy Meals app is free and a great way to eat foods that are healthier for you. You’ll find delicious, calorie-counted, easy meal ideas to help get you going if you’re ever short of inspiration
- The British Heart Foundation’s Healthy heart recipe finder has great meal options for people with cholesterol, high blood pressure and/or diabetes.
- The Be Food Smart app enables you to scan the barcode and find out how much sugar, saturated fat and salt is really inside your food and drink.