Key Demographic Statistics
- Total population of Enfield is 333,869 (2018)
- By 2024, the population is estimated to increase by 4.6% (GLA 2016)
- According to Census 2011 data, 40.5% of Enfield’s population are White British, 18.2% Other White and 17.2% Black. The Other White group is largely composed of Greek and Turkish Cypriots.
- Enfield is the 14th most deprived London borough, with wards such as Edmonton Green, Upper Edmonton and Lower Edmonton ranking amongst the 10% most deprived wards in England.
For more detailed JSNA analysis, click on the image below to visit the interactive profile.
Enfield Council produces Borough Profiles which provide further information on demography in the Borough.
- Health Profiles – snapshot overview of health for local authority in England (Public Health England)
- nomis – official labour market statistics including census data (Office for National Statistics)
Page last updated October 2019