Banner image

Landlord Information

Our leasing team will be happy to discuss any specific requirements relating to letting your specific property to Enfield Let to ensure Enfield Council’s minimum standards are met.

There are however some documents every property must have:

  • EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) – according to current legislation these must currently be a rating of A-E and are valid for 10 years once issued.
  • Electrical Safety Report – these must be deemed “satisfactory”, conducted by an approved class of person (usually NIC registered), and are valid for up to 5 years once issued.
  • Gas Safety Certificate (CP12) – these must state the property has “passed” and must be completed by an approved class of person (gas safe registered engineer).

Please Note: this only applies to properties with a gas supply.

  • Selective Licence – the London Borough of Enfield has introduced Selective Licensing in certain wards from September 1st 2021. For more information please visit:

Private rented property licensing  · Enfield Council

  • Heating Maintenance Contract – this is required to ensure continual supply of heating to the property in case of emergencies and must state the appointed service provider will be able to attend callouts within 24 hours in the event of heating failures. This service can be provided by local engineers or national companies providing homecare cover.