Enfield Children’s Centres
A Children’s Centre provides opportunities for families with children under 5, to learn, develop and have fun. It is a place for families to attend free courses, workshops and drop in sessions. The Children’s Centre brings together a wide range of services and support for families with young children as part of Enfield’s Early Help Family Hub.
We want children and families to thrive and be resilient. Our aim is that all children and young people in Enfield live in families where they are safe, confident and happy and have the opportunity to achieve their full potential and strengthen their community.
What is the offer?
Enfield’s Children’s Centre offers a universal programme, focusing on play and communication, which is delivered through stay and play sessions. The sites also act as a focal point for the Terrific Twos offer. In addition to this and other universal health sessions, such as Health Visiting and Midwifery, the Children’s Centre offers access to a range of more targeted services at sites across the borough.
• Speech, Language and Communication programmes
• Family Support Workers, including workers trained to provide support in situations where there may be domestic abuse
• Employment and benefits advice from the Citizen’s Advice Bureau
• Counselling and support sessions from Enfield Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) and Enfield Parent Infant Partnership (EPIP)
• Courses to help parents back into work, volunteering or education
• Parenting Programmes (Webster-Stratton Incredible Years and Being a Parent)
Being a Parent is a 9-week parent led course that will help you learn practical communication skills for everyday life to bring up confident, happy and co-operative children.
Enfield Children’s Centre has three main sites, operating every weekday. These are:
Eldon – St Peter’s Road, Edmonton, N9 8JP
De Bohun – Green Rd, London, N14 4AD
Carterhatch – Autumn Close, Enfield, EN1 4JY
Services are also offered throughout the week at the following additional sites (please check the timetable for details):
Hazelwood – Hazelwood Lane, N13 5HE
Raynham – Woolmer Road, Edmonton N18 2JQ
Galliard – Galliard Rd, Edmonton, London N9 7PE, Please note Galliard will be closed for 2 weeks from Monday 22nd July to Friday 2nd August 2019
Ponders End Wesley Hall – 378 High St,. Enfield,. EN3 4DG
Ponders End Youth Centre – 129 South St, Enfield EN3 4PX
Please check back regularly for updates to the timetable:
To book sessions and for further information contact us on 0208 441 7728 (Option 4).
Information for Professionals
Professionals should refer families for support if:
- There is no safeguarding concern
- There is a child under 5 in the family
- Needs cannot be met by other agencies already involved/further support is required
If you have immediate child protection concerns, contact the Enfield Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on 0208 379 5555 or call 999.
Direct referrals can be made via the Children’s Portal link
Information on the help and support available to children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and their families is available on the Local Offer.
We have updated our privacy notice to include concepts of the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This is being done to make it clearer about how we use your information.