A Children’s Centre provides opportunities for families with children under 5, to learn, develop and have fun. It is a place for families to attend free courses, workshops and drop in sessions. Children’s Centres bring together a wide range of services and support for families with young children.
We want children and families to thrive and be resilient. Our aim is that all children and young people in Enfield live in families where they are safe, confident and happy and have the opportunity to achieve their full potential and strengthen their community.
From April 2018, Enfield’s Children’s Centre programme is being led by Eldon and De Bohun Primary Schools.
What is the offer?
Enfield’s Children’s Centre offers a universal programme, focusing on play and communication, which is delivered in age-banded sessions: • Baby Talk for first time parents with babies aged 3 months to 12 months • Toddler Talk for children aged 1 to 2 years • Child Talk for families who have children aged 3 and 4, or those with younger siblings
The sites also act as a focal point for the Terrific Twos offer, with brokerage being delivered via the Early Years’ Service at these settings.
In addition to this and other universal health sessions, such as Health Visiting and Midwifery, the Children’s Centre offers access to a range of more targeted services at sites across the borough.
• Speech, Language and Communication programmes
• Support from Educational Psychology for the under 5s
• Family Support Workers, including workers trained to provide support in situations where there may be domestic abuse
• Employment and benefits advice from the Citizen’s Advice Bureau
• Counselling and support sessions from Enfield Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) and Enfield Parent Infant Partnership (EPIP)
• Courses to help parents back into work, volunteering or education • Parenting Programme (Webster-Stratton Incredible Years)
From 09 April 2018, Children’s Centre services will be offered from our three main sites, which are:
Eldon – Eldon Rd, London, N9 8LG
De Bohun – Green Rd, London, N14 4AD
Carterhatch – Autumn Close, Enfield, EN1 4JY
During the Spring and Summer, we will also be making our services available from the following sites:
Honilands – Lovell Road, Enfield EN1 4RE
Hazelwood – Riverway, London N13 5JU
Raynham – Raynham Ave, Edmonton N18 2JQ
Galliard – Galliard Rd, Edmonton, London N9 7PE
Ponders End Wesley Hall – 378 High St,. Enfield,. EN3 4DG
Ponders End Youth Centre – 129 South St, Enfield EN3 4PX
Please note that this timetable will be regularly updated as more services and sites are added.
To book sessions and for further information contact us on 0208 441 7728 (Option 3).
Information for Professionals
Professionals should continue to refer families for support if:
- There is no safeguarding concern
- There is a child under 5 in the family
- Needs cannot be met by other agencies already involved/further support is required
If you have immediate child protection concerns, contact the Enfield Single Point of Entry (SPOE) 0208 379 5555 or call 999.
Direct referrals can be made by completing a Single Agency Referral Form
Information on the help and support available to children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and their families is available on the Local Offer.