Recognising abuse

Drug and alcohol misuse

Substance misuse is not limited to certain groups of people. While some individuals are considered more ‘at risk’, it is something that could potentially affect anyone.

Having access to accurate information on drugs, alcohol and the associated dangers allows people to make informed choices. This information can come from a range of sources including parents, siblings, friends, schools, local centres such as youth clubs or family centres, and the family GP.

There are a range of services available in Enfield to help people who use drugs or misuse alcohol.  These provide support such as information, advice and talking therapies. They help individuals to think about why they use drugs or drink alcohol and help them to stop. Alternatively speak to your GP or someone you trust.

Compass Sort It! for Young People in Enfield (under 18s)
29 Folkestone Road, Edmonton, N18 2ER
Tel: 020 8360 9102
E-mail: Sort It!

Compass Adults  (over 18s)
Forest Primary Care Centre
2nd Floor, 308a Hertford Road, Edmonton, London N9 7HD
Tel: 0208 344 3180

Hidden Harm contact information
E-mail: Sort It!