Support from a care worker

If you are having problems washing, dressing yourself or moving around safely, even with help of equipment, you may need support from a care worker. This could include short-term assistance from us to identify and plan your ongoing support and care needs, and arranging for someone to come into your home to help you.

This service gives support for people over 18 with physical and learning disabilities, including sight and hearing loss, frailty and illness. Help is also available for people recovering from a hospital stay.

To work out how much help you need, we will carry out an assessment. After the assessment we will agree your needs and discuss the help available. If you don't qualify for help from us, you can employ a care worker privately. If you do this, they should be registered and inspected by the Care Quality Commission.

There may be some cost for our services, but the amount will depend on what services you receive and whether you qualify for financial help. We will support you to do a financial assessment to work out how much you will need to contribute towards the cost.

Useful information