Facebook Campaign enables us to measure response and retarget from campaigns we run on Facebook and Instagram

Change of circumstances

You must tell us if there has been a change in your circumstances.

You will need to use the forms below and provide proof of the change by emailing us copies of documents. If you have a smart phone, you can email a photo of your documents. The subject line must be your reference number inside pointed brackets, for example <XXXXXXXX>. Attach the photo of your documents and send an explanation if needed. You will receive an automated response confirming receipt of your email.

Use our online forms to tell us about a change to the following:

If you are making a new claim, refer to Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support.

Change of income

If your income changes, you will need to let us know and provide proof of the changes (payslip, employment letter, contract).

Change of savings

You will need to let us know if  you or you and your partner’s savings or Pension Credit is more than £16,000. This does not apply if you receive Guarantee Pension Credit.

If you or your partner are age 60 or over, and get Guarantee Pension Credit you may have £10,000 before it affects the benefit you get.


You will need to tell us if you are moving out of or moving within the area.

Someone has moved in or out of your property

You will need to tell us if someone moves in or moves out of your property. If the person is your partner you will need to provide two forms of identity, proof of their National Insurance number and current income (payslip, employment letter or contract).

Benefits while in hospital

You must also tell us if you are or your partner is admitted to hospital while claiming Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support.  In most cases, this will not result in any change to your benefit payments up to one year.

We will also need to know if your partner goes into hospital and this affects the household income.

You must let us know as soon as you or your partner return home. You will need to provide proof such as a letter from the hospital confirming how long you were there.