Facebook Campaign enables us to measure response and retarget from campaigns we run on Facebook and Instagram

EEA passport and EU settlement

The European passport return service (EPRS) is available for EEA and Swiss nationals applying for a registration certificate or permanent residence card using the EEA (QP) or EEA (PR) online application forms before 29 March 2019.

The service involves certifying a photocopy of your EEA or Swiss passport and forwarding this, your document checklist and a paper copy of your online application form to the Home Office on your behalf. Your passport will then be available for you to use while your application is being considered.

The service does not check your form or guarantee the success of the application. We also cannot give you advice or tell you which supporting documents are needed. 

The service is available by appointment only and you must attend your appointment within five working days of submitting your online form. Before you book an appointment, it is essential that you have your PNN number, which you will find on your document checklist after you have submitted your online form. To book an appointment, call 020 8379 1000. We will take payment by debit or credit card over the phone when you book your appointment. To view our fees see Enfield Register Office fees.

Appointments take place at the Register Office in Gentleman's Row. You need to arrive ten minutes before your appointment.

At your appointment you will need to bring the following:

  • A copy of your online application form
  • Your document checklist
  • Your PNN number
  • Two passport-sized photographs – write your name on the back only or leave blank
  • Your original supporting documents
  • A list of what supporting documents you are submitting
  • A valid, current EEA or Swiss passport

All adults and children over 15 years old must attend the appointment.

Before your appointment, you should check what documents you need in the EEA (QP) guide or EEA (PR) guide published by the Home Office. At your appointment, the adviser will certify a photocopy of your passport and give the passport back to you. They are not permitted to copy and certify your supporting documents. Originals must be submitted. If you want to keep copies of your supporting documents you must copy these before your appointment.

The Home Office may contact you for further information after your application has been submitted.

If you're an EU citizen, you and your family will be able to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021. The EU Settlement Scheme will open fully by 30 March 2019. For more details visit GOV.UK.