Facebook Campaign enables us to measure response and retarget from campaigns we run on Facebook and Instagram

Settlement checking service

Local Register Offices work in partnership with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) to offer a checking service for applications for settlement in the UK through form SET (M).

The service is useful because it helps you get your application correct first time. People using the service usually complete their application more quickly than people using the normal postal application process. This is because fewer applications are rejected because of mistakes, incompleteness or missing documents.

The SET (M) form is for people whose partner or spouse is a British citizen or someone who is settled here.

You cannot use the SET (M) form or the settlement checking service if you are a European Economic Area (EEA) National.

Unfortunately, we aren't able to offer this service at this time. You can visit GOV.UK for a list of local authorities in England that offer a settlement checking service.

If you're applying for British citizenship, we offer a nationality checking service.