Facebook Campaign enables us to measure response and retarget from campaigns we run on Facebook and Instagram

Business rates relief

Some properties are eligible for business rates relief, depending on the type of business and how the property will be used. 

To find out if you are eligible, email revs@enfield.gov.uk.

Charitable rate relief

You can apply for an 80% relief if you are a registered charity and use the property for charitable purposes. We also have a discretionary charity relief, which can be used for both charities and non-profit organisations.

To apply for charitable rate relief, email revs@enfield.gov.uk.

Small business rate relief

You can get small business rate relief if you:

  • use one business property in England with a rateable value less than £15,000
  • use one main property in England and other additional properties, providing those additional properties each have a rateable value less than £2,900 and the rateable values of all the properties added together is less than £28,000. Only the main property will be eligible for relief (note: you will continue to get any existing relief for one year if you take on additional properties)

If you don't mention all of the properties your business uses in your original application, your relief will be removed and you will need to re-apply.

If you use a property outside of Enfield and the rateable value increases, you must tell us within four weeks, or you may no longer receive rate relief. It is a criminal offence to give incorrect information.

Apply for small business rate relief (PDF)

Hardship rate relief

You can apply for hardship rate relief in exceptional circumstances, including if:

  • the ratepayer can provide proof through audited accounts that they would sustain hardship if they did not
  • the relief will ensure the future of the business
  • the business is a benefit to the community (ie a unique service)
  • it would be reasonable for Council Tax payers to meet the cost

To apply for hardship rate relief, email revs@enfield.gov.uk.

Unoccupied properties

You need to notify us if your property is empty. Documentary evidence may be required to alter our records and we may inspect the premises.

You may be entitled to a three-month or six-month void period if the property was previously occupied.

Your empty property will be exempt from business rates if it is:

  • a building with a rateable value of less than £2,900 (exempt until reoccupied)
  • a community amateur sports club building (exempt if the next use will be mostly for sporting purposes)
  • a listed building (exempt until reoccupied)
  • owned by a charity (exempt if the next use will be mostly for charitable purposes)
  • industrial premises, such as a warehouse (exempt for up to six months)

To apply for unoccupied property relief, email revs@enfield.gov.uk.

For more information about all the above types of business rates relief, see our business rates relief policy (PDF).