Facebook Campaign enables us to measure response and retarget from campaigns we run on Facebook and Instagram

Pleasure boat licence

You need a licence to hire out pleasure boats, for personal use and for carrying passengers. This includes sailboards, rowing boats, canoes, motor boats, pedalos and larger boats. You must not carry more passengers than you are licensed to.

It is a criminal offence to carry out unlicensed activities and, if convicted, you could be given a £50 fine.

Apply for a licence (PDF)

For more information visit:

  • our fees page for the relevant fee
  • our online Licence Register where all applications and licences are recorded 
  • GOV.UK for the rules about pleasure boats