From time to time, we will review the policies below. If the policies are revised, we will inform the public and other stakeholders. You can view current public consultations below, including documents from consultations that are now closed.
The current policies are set out below:
- Licensing Policy – Licensing Act (PDF) - this sets out the Licensing Authority’s approach to licensing premises that sell alcohol, provide regulated entertainment or late night refreshment
- Statement of Licensing Principles (fourth edition) – Gambling Act (PDF) - this came into effect in January 2016
- Notice of Publication of Statement of Licensing Principles (fifth edition): In accordance with Paragraph 7, Gambling Act 2005 (Licensing Authority Policy Statement) (England and Wales) Regulations 2006, we have published our revised Statement of Licensing Principles for Gambling below. The document can also be inspected between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday, at the Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, EN1 3XA. For an appointment to inspect this document email the Licensing team
- Statement of Licensing Principles (fifth edition) – Gambling Act (PDF) – this comes into effect on 31 January 2019
- Local Area Profile document to support Statement of Licensing Principles (fifth edition) - Gambling Policy (PDF) – this comes into effect on 31 January 2019
- Street Trading Policy - Council Policy (PDF) - this sets out the Licensing Authority’s approach to licensing tables and chairs on a highway, provides the list of designated streets, and sets out the licence conditions for street trading, seasonal markets and farmers markets
We conduct public consultations on policy to gain the views of local residents and businesses. There are currently no open consultations.