Facebook Campaign enables us to measure response and retarget from campaigns we run on Facebook and Instagram

Skip licensing

A skip company needs to first register with us before they can place a skip on any road in Enfield. They then need to apply for a licence to place a skip on a specified site.

Registering a skip company

To register, you need to provide a completed registration form (PDF) and copies of your:

  • control and pollution certificate or trade waste carrier's licence
  • goods vehicle operator's licence
  • public liability insurance certificate (minimum of £5 million)
  • Articles of Incorporation (limited companies only)

Instructions for how to submit these documents are provided on the form.

Apply to register a skip company (PDF)

Applying for a skip licence

To apply for a licence (sometimes called a permit), you need to email highway.licensing@enfield.gov.uk or call 020 8379 2154. We may grant permission for the licence to start on the same day, unless we need to make a site visit. During site visits, we may specify conditions for the skip.

Licences are valid for 14 days, unless extended, and are issued on a pay-as-you-go basis or through monthly credit.

Type Price
Deposit for properties without dropped kerbs
14-day initial licence
14-day licence extension

There will be a charge if a skip is found to be unlit at night.

Make a payment

It is a criminal offence to carry out unlicensed activities and, if convicted, you could be given a £1,000 fine.

For more information, visit GOV.UK for the rules about skip licences.

Skip problems

You can report a dangerous, illegal or unlit skip, or any other skip problem.

Reports via our website are processed during office hours only, and in the order they are received. If you think the problem is urgent, call us on 020 8379 1000 to report this instead.