Facebook Campaign enables us to measure response and retarget from campaigns we run on Facebook and Instagram

Temporary event notice

To hold a one-off event, you need to supply a temporary event notice to us at least ten working days before the planned event. We will then consult the police. If the premises or land is in an area governed by different local authorities, you must apply separately to each one.

The notice should tell us:

  • if alcohol will be supplied
  • details of any licensable activities
  • the event period
  • times when activities will take place
  • the number of people proposed to be allowed on the premises

If a chief police officer who receives notice has any objections, they may serve an objection notice which will result in a hearing.

The event should involve a maximum of 499 people at any one time and last no more than seven days, with at least 24 hours between events.

It is a criminal offence to carry out unlicensed activities and, if convicted, you could be given a £20,000 fine.

Apply for a temporary event notice (PDF)

You need to email licensing@enfield.gov.uk with your completed application and pay the fee online. Information on making an online payment can be found on our licensing fees page.

If your application is unsuccessful, you may appeal to a magistrates' court within 21 days of the decision.

For more information see:

  • our fees page for the relevant fee
  • our online Licence Register where all applications and licences are recorded
  • GOV.UK for the rules about temporary event notices