Pre-school (0 - 5 years old)

Our Early Years service helps parents encourage and support children under five to reach their full potential and:

  • be healthy, strong and safe
  • have fun and do well at school
  • make a positive contribution to family and the community

Through early education and play, children learn about themselves and how to interact with others, take turns and form relationships.

There are lots of choices for early education and each will offer something different, so what meets your needs will depend on your family and your requirements. All registered childcare settings follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) to ensure your child gets the best start in early education.

For more information on nurseries and pre-schools in your area, visit Informed Families.

Children's centres

Enfield children’s centres offer opportunities for children under five and their parents or carers to learn, develop and have fun. They are also a place for you to attend free courses, workshops and drop-in sessions, which offer advice and support for a wide variety of family services.

Our children's centres are:

Terrific Twos and Free Entitlement

If your child is two, three or four, you may be entitled to 15 hours free early education. We run two schemes to help: 

  • Terrific Twos for eligible two year olds.
  • Free Entitlement for all three and four year olds. The funding entitles them to 15 hours a week and free early education the term after their third birthday.

Tell us what you think about our Local Offer

 Visit our Facebook page