Facebook Campaign enables us to measure response and retarget from campaigns we run on Facebook and Instagram

Going to college and university

Find out what it’s like to attend college by watching our I Learn film below, which shows a day in the life of a young man who attends Barnet and Southgate College:

Going to college

If you have learning difficulties or disabilities and want to go to college, you should find out what courses your local colleges offer and look at their SEN information report. This will tell you what reasonable adjustments they can make so you can access the course. You should also:

  • ask for advice from your Learning Disabilities Careers Adviser
  • ask your parent or carer to to go to your school’s annual transition review meeting
  • attend college open days
  • go to the transition information event about further education

Our local colleges are:

To find out if we can help with travel and transport, see our travel assistance page. 

For more information on colleges, courses and qualifications for 14 to 19 year-olds, visit GOV.UK

Going to university

As a higher education student living in England, you can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) if you have a disability, including a:

  • long-term health condition
  • mental health condition
  • specific learning difficulty, eg dyslexia

For more information, visit GOV.UK.

If you're aged 16 to 25 and unhappy with the help you get at your school or college for your special educational needs or disability, you can find out how to get more help by visiting Department of Education.

Tell us what you think about our Local Offer

 Visit our Facebook page