There are loads of voluntary groups to help people with disabilities:
- Action for Kids is a national charity working with children and young people with physical and learning disabilities, their parents and carers. They help young people become more independent.
- Adult Social Care Marketplace supports adults with learning disabilities to access education, work and social opportunities.
- Carers and Parents in Enfield (CAPE) (PDF) is a support group for parents, carers and relatives of adults aged 18 and over with learning disabilities.
- Enfield Disability Action have a team to help people using individual budgets and direct payments.
- Every Parent and Child is a local children’s charity that provides the SENDIASS and Independent Support Service.
- Enfield Mencap is a local voluntary organisation for people with learning disabilities. It runs a club for disabled people aged 18-25, with a friendly environment for friendships to develop, existing activities and new opportunities.
- One-to-One is a local charity for adults with learning difficulties to be actively involved in the community. They also encourage getting out and about and making new friends.
- STARS is for young adults between 18-25 with additional needs. They offer social and academic learning, including life skills.
Tell us what you think about our Local Offer
Visit our Facebook page