Facebook Campaign enables us to measure response and retarget from campaigns we run on Facebook and Instagram

Rivers and streams

Residents are legal riparian owners if they have an ordinary watercourse such as a ditch, river or stream running near or through their property. They are responsible for maintaining the river.

You can report issues with watercourses such as damaged culverts, overgrown plants, rubbish, or illegal pipes and channels. We will work with legal owners if there is a problem in their watercourse. If there is already flooding, we will work with our third party contractor to fix the issue.

Reports via our website are processed during office hours only, and in the order they are received. If you think the problem is urgent, call us on 020 8379 1000 to report this instead.

The Environment Agency is responsible for looking after main rivers, such as Pymmes Brook, Salmons Brook and Turkey Brook. Contact the Environment Agency on 0800 80 70 60 (open 24 hours) to report problems with these watercourses.

For more information on anything on this page, visit The Environment Agency.

Report a river or stream problem

Report a damaged culvert