Facebook Campaign enables us to measure response and retarget from campaigns we run on Facebook and Instagram

Tenant and leaseholder information

We do not cover your contents as part of the tenancy agreement. So it's a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there's always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind.

To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, we have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks and Allianz Insurance plc who provide the Crystal Insurance Scheme, a specialist tenants contents insurance policy.

It can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as:

  • furniture
  • carpets
  • curtains
  • clothes
  • bedding
  • electrical items
  • jewellery
  • pictures
  • ornaments

For more information visit Crystal Insurance Scheme or call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7286. You can also email tenancy.council.housing@enfield.gov.uk for an application pack.

Your Customer Voice is the main representative body for tenants and leaseholders in Enfield and for our out of borough residents. We make sure that your views, aspirations and priorities are at the heart of the housing service.

We encourage resident engagement and work closely with you to set aims for the housing service. We regularly report back to you about our work plan.

Your Customer Voice looks at:

  • housing issues, including repairs and cleaning
  • changes to housing services
  • environmental improvement projects
  • monitoring contractors
  • developing ideas and policies

If you would like to get involved, email hcrest@enfield.gov.uk.

We explain what condensation is and how you can reduce it. Remember: prevention is better and cheaper than cure!

What is condensation and what causes it?

During cold weather, the warm air in a property - from things like cooking, bathing and even breathing - holds moisture. When this moisture meets the cold surfaces in rooms, it changes from being a vapour into a liquid. This is condensation, and it usually occurs at night when temperatures drop.

What can you do to reduce it?

Here are three easy steps to reduce the risk.

Produce less moisture:

  • Dry your washing outside the property whenever you can. You can also hang it in the bathroom, keeping the door closed and the window wide open
  • Never use portable gas bottles or paraffin (flueless) heaters. These are not allowed in our properties
  • Permanently vent your tumble drier to the outside of your home, using a suitable kit recommended by the manufacturer of the appliance
  • Always cover pans while cooking and do not leave kettles boiling
  • Keep doors closed even if they have extractor fans

Ventilate to remove moisture:

  • When a room is in use, keep a small window or a trickle vent open. This is important for kitchens and bathrooms
  • Don't overfill wardrobes and let the air circulate freely inside. You can cut holes in the back panel of the wardrobe and move it 50mm away from the surrounding wall. If possible, locate wardrobes against internal partition walls

Insulate and heat your home:

  • Keep your home warm with insulation, draught proofing and heating, which reduces the risk of condensation
  • A constant, low-level form of heating is the most economical and reduces the likelihood of condensation

Our free Local Energy Advice Programme (LEAP) service aims to help eligible residents stay warm and well. To book a free visit from a fully trained Green Doctor visit LEAP or call 0800 060 7567.

Antisocial behaviour includes:

  • playing music loudly, or at unreasonable hours but not day-to-day living noise
  • leaving rubbish in communal areas, or your garden
  • hate-related incidents based on race, sexual orientation, gender, disability, religion, age etc.
  • misusing or mistreating communal facilities

Children playing is not antisocial behaviour.

We have a policy on antisocial behaviour (PDF), and will investigate allegations of antisocial behaviour and take legal action if necessary. To report antisocial behaviour:

For more information, contact your neighbourhood officer or sheltered housing officer.

We are holding two housing conferences for Enfield Council tenants and leaseholders. They are free to attend but places are limited and are booked on a first come basis.

  • Leaseholder Conference - this was due to take place on Saturday 22 February 2020, but is now cancelled. New conference details will be announced.
  • Tenant Conference - 9am to 1.30pm on Saturday 7 March 2020

Both conferences are being held at Enfield Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield EN1 3XN.

Refreshments and lunch are provided and there will be a free prize draw.

To book your place, email myhome@enfield.gov.uk stating which conference you want to attend, or call answerphone 020 8132 1014 to leave a message.

Your crest officer for your tenant and resident association can be contacted below.

  • Bowes - Beale Close
  • Enfield Lock - Princes Avenue
  • Southbury - Ayley Croft
  • Turkey Street - Kemp Hall
  • Ponders End - Alma Estate and The Shires

For the above wards, email mary.emiliariley@enfield.gov.uk or call 020 8375 8397.

  • Lower Edmonton - Walmer House
  • Upper Edomonton - Scott House and Snells Park
  • Chase - Holbrook Close and Four Hills
  • Cockfosters - Chaddlewood, Buckfast House, The Poplars and Merryhills
  • Broxbourne - Whitefields Estate

For the above wards, email jim.dunn@enfield.gov.uk or call 020 8379 4650.