Facebook Campaign enables us to measure response and retarget from campaigns we run on Facebook and Instagram

Struggling to pay the rent or mortgage?

If you are struggling to pay the rent or mortgage, you can use our benefits calculator to see if you are eligible for Housing Benefit, Council Tax support and any other benefits.

Find out what benefits you may be eligible for

If you already receive Housing Benefit, you may be eligible for extra benefit support.

Rent deposits

You can ask your landlord to accept a smaller deposit. Your landlord must place your deposit in a government-authorised tenancy deposit scheme which you will get back if you fulfilled the terms of your agreement. You can check if your deposit is protected in a government-backed tenancy deposit protection scheme. For more information on what the tenancy deposit scheme is visit GOV.UK.

Unpaid rent

Paying rent is your responsibility. If you don’t pay your rent or reduce your arrears, you can be evicted. Respond immediately to any letters you receive regarding non-payment of rent and don’t ignore them. You should get in contact with your landlord to agree how to pay if you are having trouble paying. Don’t wait to take action until you receive an eviction letter.

Use our benefits calculator to see what benefits you may be entitled to.

You may not be able to afford to rent in Enfield

If you are thinking of renting in Enfield or elsewhere in London, these are expensive places to rent. You may want to consider looking for a property outside of Greater London instead which will give you more value for your money. You may get Housing Benefit to help you pay your rent but it may not cover it all. If you want to stay in Enfield or London you will have to pay the rest of your rent.

Monthly average rent 
Location Amount
East £727
East Midlands £550
London £1,599
North West £554
North East £497
South East £891
South West £708
West Midlands £587
Yorkshire and the Humber £554