Facebook Campaign enables us to measure response and retarget from campaigns we run on Facebook and Instagram

Help with housing due to domestic abuse

If you're homeless or are threatened with homelessness as a result of violence or abuse, we provide help and advice. If you are:

  • an Enfield Council tenant, contact your Tenancy Manager or phone 0800 4080 160
  • in temporary accommodation, contact your Property Manager or phone 020 8379 1000
  • a housing association tenant, contact your housing association
  • a private tenant or owner, contact the National Domestic Violence Helpline on 0808 2000 247
  • if you're 16-17, contact the Angel Centre on 020 8379 5800
  • if you're under 16, contact Children's Services on 020 8379 1000

If you're fleeing domestic violence, we consider any action you have taken so far, such as contacting the police. Other available options will then be looked at and organisations that support victims of domestic violence will be contacted for help in looking for a refuge. For example, the National Domestic Violence Helpline.

Domestic Violence Protection Orders (DPVOs) may provide a temporary solution. With DVPOs, a perpetrator can be banned with immediate effect from returning to a residence and from having contact with the victim for up to 28 days, allowing you time to consider the options and support you need.

If we’re satisfied that a duty is owed, emergency accommodation will be provided until enquiries have been completed. In order to qualify for emergency accommodation, there must be no restriction on your rights to reside that prohibit you from accessing accommodation through us.

Visit our domestic violence page for more information. If you are a child or know a child who is a victim of violence or abuse, visit Safeguarding Children.