If you need business and legal advice on starting a business, our resources are a good place to start. The Business and Legal section of our 24 hour virtual library also contains a lot of useful links.
- Enterprise Enfield offers advice, guidance and support services. It empowers and inspires start-up and established businesses to grow and prosper
- Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) - (London) is the UK's largest campaigning pressure group. It promotes and protects the interests of the self-employed and owners of small firms. Also offers networking, mentoring and business factsheets
- North London Enterprise Club is a non-profit established in 1992 for those thinking of starting or already running a business. Offers networking, newsletters and discounted business advice
- GOV.UK is the official UK government website
- Great Business offers support, advice and inspiration for growing your business from the government including the 'My Business Support Tool'
- Institute of Directors is the UK's longest running group for professional leaders. It has 36,000 members supported through 48 regional branches across the UK. Business events, information and advice
- UK Business Angels Association is the national trade association representing Angel and early stage investment in the UK. Website includes a directory for those seeking investment
- Start Ups and Start Up Donut offer advice and guidance on all aspects of starting a business including finance, accounts, sales and IT
- Prince's Trust enterprise programme provides money and support to help young people start up in business.
- Shell LiveWIRE is the UK's biggest online community for young entrepreneurs aged 16-30. The programme offers free online business advice and start-up awards of £1,000 and £10,000 to fund young entrepreneurs in the UK
- Social Enterprise UK is the national body for social enterprise, offering advice and support to new and existing social enterprises
- Funding Central is a free resource for charities, voluntary groups and social enterprises. It lists thousands of funding and finance opportunities, plus tools and information
- Companies House is for all company formation and filing. Also useful for checking potential business names
- British Library Business and IP Centre helps with business planning, business networking, intellectual property information and researching markets. Business advice, workshops, events and free webinars are also available
- City Business Library is the leading public library for business information. It offers free access to the UK's most comprehensive collection of business databases and publications. This includes start up advice, information on funding sources, market research, company data and business news