Facebook Campaign enables us to measure response and retarget from campaigns we run on Facebook and Instagram

Consultation letters

Online planning register

If you have received a letter notifying you of a planning application, or have seen a notice, you can view the plans and related information using the online planning register.

Commenting or objecting

To comment or object to the application, you must create an account on the online planning register. This allows you to see the progress of an application, submit your comments and set up email alerts for applications or locations you’re interested in. It is different to an Enfield Connect account.

Once you have created an account, you will receive an email explaining how to complete your registration. This may be in your junk folder. If you have any difficulties, email planning.support@enfield.gov.uk, with the subject 'Accessing online planning register', and we will arrange for an account to be set up for you.

Remember to select the 'notify' option to ensure you receive email alerts for the application, or the 'track' option to ensure you receive a notification when a decision is made and can view the decision notice. Neither options are default settings.

Contacting neighbours about applications for planning permission is a statutory requirement.

Applications are open for comments for 21 days or 24 days if the consultation period is over a public holiday period. You can check the neighbour consultation expiry date on the 'important dates' tab on the online planning register. We will not respond directly to comments, but they will be considered during the process.

If the consultation period has expired, comments can still be sent using the online planning register if the application status is ‘application in progress’ on the Summary tab. This excludes applications submitted under the Larger Householder Extension, Neighbour Notification scheme.

We cannot guarantee your comments will be considered if you have missed the deadline and the application status is ‘awaiting decision’.

Comments cannot be considered on applications where a decision has already been made. In some instances, we may contact you for further comments if an appeal is submitted by the applicant. These will be shown on the online planning register as 'appeal in progress'.

Comments are not currently visible online, but are held on file and available from the planning officer.

Consultation letter issues

  • No planning consultation letter has been received – we do not consult neighbours where planning permission may not be required and the applicant is asking for a Certificate of Lawful Development
  • Larger home extensions – comments on applications can only be considered if your property directly shares a boundary with the application site
  • Planning consultations during the holiday period – the planning process is statutory, and we must consult with neighbours from the date a valid application is registered, where consultation is required
  • My neighbour is carrying out building works – some building works do not require planning permission. These are classed as permitted development and an application for a Certificate of Lawful Development is recommended. Once planning permission is granted, applicants have up to three years to start work

If you are having trouble finding a planning application

  • Try a different search criteria or postcode
  • If it is before 2007, historical planning documents may not be available online. You can request a historic document with our planning register inspection form (PDF).
  • Works may not require planning permission if they are permitted developments
  • View our new applications