Facebook Campaign enables us to measure response and retarget from campaigns we run on Facebook and Instagram


In accordance with the Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Act 2015, as amended by the Housing and Planning Act 2016, each planning authority must keep and publicise a self-build and custom housebuilding register.

The register helps us to understand the level of demand for self-build and custom-build properties in Enfield.

Signing the register does not guarantee that a suitable plot will be identified and become available. Self-build and custom build projects need to be assessed for planning permission in line with the development plan.

Once you have completed the registration form, we will decide if you are eligible to be added to the register.

If you would like to register your details (as an individual or group/association) for a self-build or custom-build plot, each individual or member of an association must be:  

  • 18 years of age or older
  • a British citizen, a national of a European Economic Area state other than the UK or a national of Switzerland
  • seeking (either alone, or with others) to acquire a serviced plot of land within the borough for your own self-build or custom housebuilding project

Apply to be on the self-build register

You can also confirm your interest for self-build or custom housing in Enfield by emailing selfbuild@enfield.gov.uk.

Enfield data protection and privacy notice

Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), by signing this register you agree for the Council to hold your details on the register and to be contacted as and when needed. You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing  selfbuild@enfield.gov.ukasking to be removed from the self-build register.

We will use your personal data to process your requests to us, provide you with services and personalise our service to you. We will also use your information to tell you about other services and events.

Your information may be shared with other parts of government, other councils and our partners to deliver you services or if required by law.

We will not share your details with third parties for marketing purposes unless you agree.

You have rights in respect of your data including the right to be given information on our uses, to see what data we are holding about you, to request correction or erasure of your data, to object to processing and to complain to the supervisory authority.

Custom build homes

We are working with an organisation called Naked House on a custom build scheme in Enfield. For information on how to join Naked House or updates on the scheme, visit Naked House.

Finding land in Enfield

Council land

We're legally obliged to be open about the land and buildings that we own. You can view our properties for sale.

We do dispose of sites that are surplus to our requirements. Disposal of our land and buildings are governed by our Property Procedure Rules and Section 123 of the Local Government Act. For more information about our ad hoc disposal procedures and the availability of sites, visit our property and economy pages.

Please note that the Self-Build and Custom Housebuilding Act 2015 doesn't require that councils make land available specifically for self-build.

Private land

Land for sale is usually advertised in property magazines such as the Estates Gazette, and through estate agents and auction houses such as Savills, Lambert Smith Hampton and Knight Frank.

View our commercial sales and lettings.

Other public land

You can also bid for public land through the GLA's Small Sites Small Builders portal.

This aims to make more small publicly-owned sites available to small developers, housing associations, community-led groups and self-builders.

If you still need help, contact Cidi Greenaway by calling 020 8132 0833 or emailing cidi.greenaway@enfield.gov.uk.

We are required by the Town and Country Planning (Brownfield Land Register) Regulations 2017 to publish a register of previously developed (brownfield) land.

The register is in two parts and is reviewed at least once per year.

Part one includes brownfield sites that meet the relevant criteria of being on previously developed land (as defined in the National Planning Policy Framework), and a minimum of 0.25 hectares or able to accommodate at least five homes. They must also be suitable, available and achievable.

View part one of the Brownfield Land Register (XLSX).

Part two is a subset of part one and includes sites granted Permission in Principle (PiP). We don't have any sites in part two of the register.