The Mayor of London’s Transport Strategy sets out his vision for London for the next 23 years. All London boroughs are required to produce a Local Implementation Plan (LIP) to demonstrate how they will help to deliver the Mayor's strategy locally alongside their own priorities.
Our Transport Plan aims to transform transport and mobility in Enfield to allow people to travel and goods to be transported in a healthy and sustainable way.
Our priorities are to:
- make active travel the natural choice, particularly for those trips less than 2km (1.2 miles)
- make more school trips safe, sustainable and healthy
- reduce the impact of private vehicles on our streets
- make the public transport network more accessible and the natural choice for longer trips
- maintain our assets for the benefit of the public
Our transport objectives are to:
- deliver Cycle Enfield and supporting measures which encourage more cycling and walking in the borough
- promote safe, active and sustainable transport to and from schools
- monitor air quality and develop and deliver interventions which address local issues
- manage growing demand for on-street parking
- focus on and improve priority locations, making them safer for vulnerable road users
- Improve local reliability of and accessibility to the public transport network
- maintain and improve the transport network in Enfield, including developing potential interventions
View the Enfield Transport Plan and LIP (PDF) and the ETP Strategic Environmental Assessment Post-Adoption Statement (PDF).