Facebook Campaign enables us to measure response and retarget from campaigns we run on Facebook and Instagram

Community development

The Community Development team provides a central point of contact for the council, the voluntary and community sector and partner agencies. You can email tsd@enfield.gov.uk about:

  • funding
  • partnerships
  • issues relating to voluntary and community organisations

We also have a database of over 650 voluntary organisations, community groups, faith groups and sports clubs. This is updated every year and we use it to:

  • keep track of voluntary organisations in Enfield
  • communicate funding opportunities, events and other information to voluntary organisations
  • answer enquiries about voluntary organisations

You can update your organisation's details online.


We commission services from the voluntary and community sector so we can:

  • use current best practices
  • avoid fragmented competition for limited resources
  • allow the alignment of funding with our key priorities to provide clarity about the outcomes and services that we require
  • focus on outputs, outcomes and flexibility as our priorities and outcomes change over time


If you're a voluntary and community sector organisation that is looking for funding, you can do a free online search with Open4Community.

This free tool allows you to search hundreds of grants, schemes and funds that match your organisation's profile. It is updated regularly, with new funding streams added as soon as they are available.

The Voluntary Sector Strategy Group (VSSG) provides a means by which we can work strategically in partnership with Enfield's voluntary and community sector.

On this page you can download minutes from the group's meetings. The VSSG membership and terms of reference are currently under review.

2019 meetings

2018 meetings

2017 meetings

2016 meetings

On this page you can download documents showing the voluntary organisations and community groups we have funded or commissioned to provide services or activities to Enfield residents. They show the amount we have contributed and the purpose of the expenditure. The last five years' reports from the Voluntary Community Sector (VCS) are available.








Enfield Voluntary Action (EVA) provides services to voluntary and community organisations in Enfield. It supports and promotes their:

  • positive and sustainable development
  • participation in making decisions that affect the borough

EVA's support, development, and information services consist of:

100 Hours Volunteering Scheme

The 100 Hours Volunteering Scheme recognises the fantastic work of volunteers in Enfield, who regularly give up their valuable time to help other people in their community.

All voluntary organisations, clubs and community groups in the borough are invited to get involved and register with the scheme.

If you do more than two hours of volunteering a week with a registered organisation, you will get a scheme membership card. You use this card to record each hour of volunteering you complete, with the aim of doing a minimum of 100 hours of volunteering in a year.

People who achieve this goal will be invited to a reception in recognition of their hard work and support for their community. They will also receive a certificate and a limited edition pin badge.

To register with the scheme, email tsd@enfield.gov.uk.

The Queen's Award for Voluntary Service

The Queen's Award for Voluntary Service recognises the outstanding contribution that volunteers make to their local communities. The Queen has awarded this prestigious honour to hundreds of volunteering groups in the UK.

If you know of a volunteer group that deserves recognition, you can nominate it for the award.

Nominate a group by emailing queensaward@consol.co.uk.

The following policies are available for charitable, voluntary and community organisations to use. You just need to download and add the name of your organisation. You should read them carefully to make sure they meet your needs before using.

Enfield Voluntary Action offers training for trustees, staff and volunteers in voluntary and community organisations.

For details of courses available, visit Enfield Voluntary Action.

Free ESOL courses - All Things Being ESOL

Free English for speakers of other languages (ESOL) courses are now available. You can recruit and prepare learners for online basic English-speaking classes, in partnership with the Workers Educational Association (WEA).

The online courses aim to support learners with limited English-speaking skills to access local services with confidence, help combat isolation and promote positive participation.

If you can recruit 12 to 15 learners with limited English-speaking skills, the WEA will provide the tutors at no cost to you. £1000 is available to your group to recruit and support learners.

A funding workshop for All Things Being ESOL will be held online via Microsoft Teams on 6 October 2020, from 2pm to 3:30pm. You can contact Bonnie Rowe, 'All Things Being ESOL' EVA’s project officer, for more information about the workshop or the project by emailing bd.rowe@enfieldva.org.uk.

You can also view and download the promotional ESOL course poster (PDF).

This opportunity follows a successful project and partnership with WEA in 2019. 130 Enfield residents with previously limited English skills successfully completed the course, prepared by seven local groups and taught by WEA tutors. Some learners went on to study for an accredited English qualification.

Pathways to Employment, Education and Training Programme

The Pathways to Employment, Education and Training Programme is a voluntary programme that is funded by the European Union Social Fund, delivered on behalf of the Greater London Authority. The programme will provide clients with individually tailored support by a dedicated employment coach.

View the Pathways to Employment, Education and Training Programme Aims (PDFs).

View the pathways to employment flyer (PDF).

To refer young people:

Carers Trust survey

The Carers Trust have opened a survey to inform the government of what support carers need.

We encourage you to complete the survey to tell the Carers Trust what support you need in your caring role.

Please inform your members or clients, and other organisations you feel will be interested in giving their feedback. The closing date for the survey is Sunday 18 October.

Current MOPAC and VRU bidding opportunities

Our current tender opportunities for work commissioned by the Mayor's Office for Policing and Crime (MOPAC) and the Violence Reduction Unit (VRU) will be posted below.

VRU - MyEnds Community Connectors

We know that in some parts of London, violence is very localised. It can often be concentrated to single estates or a cluster of streets. We also know that those communities most affected by violence have the most energy to want to tackle it.

Our new MyEnds programme seeks to channel that energy and effort into community-led solutions. But to make an impact we need strong, local, collaborative work. Violence doesn’t respect borough boundaries. So we need an equally ambitious response from communities that pushes boundaries, breaks down barriers, and promotes partnerships. Put simply, we are stronger if we work together.

We’re inviting applications for the MyEnds programme because we want to develop new sustainable, effective, community-led responses to violence.

The VRU MyEnds Community Connectors (PDF) form can be used to submit your proposal for the MyEnds Community Connectors funding opportunity. You must answer all the questions in this form. When completed, send it to us by emailing vrucommissioning@london.gov.uk.

Your form must reach us before 5pm on 23 October 2020. We will not accept proposals after this deadline.

COVID-19 information and guidance in community languages

Thanks for your support in getting essential coronavirus information to all of London’s communities, including those who don’t speak English as a first language.

Over the past few weeks we have developed some new assets, containing important new guidance, for you to share across your channels and networks. Please share these with the ESOL learners you are working with.

New translated health guidance, including test and trace

Key coronavirus information and guidance has been translated into 15 languages, and made as free social media assets to make sure this information reaches communities. You can find all of the assets in the relevant language folders in Google Drive, including the latest health guidance and information on test and trace.

As the government’s guidance evolves, we will look to develop this work to include further messages and resources to help communities.

How you can get involved

We would be grateful if you could support this work by circulating these resources across your networks and channels:

  • Translated assets and videos for WhatsApp and social media, which can be accessed through our Google Drive. These are written in a number of languages, including:
    • Bulgarian
    • Portuguese
    • Polish
    • Romanian
    • Spanish
    • Vietnamese
    • Cantonese
    • Turkish
    • Bengali
    • Kurdish
    • Urdu
    • Punjabi (Pakistani)
    • Punjabi (Indian)
    • Gujarati
    • Yiddish
  • London.gov.uk has further translated information by Doctors of the World. Here you will also find the recently published wellbeing guidance for migrants, developed by Doctors of the World, in partnership with ThriveLDN and supported by the Mayor of London.
  • Our Employment Rights Hub has information about different employment rights, plus details of what to do if you are having trouble at work - translated into 20 languages.

How to share assets in community WhatsApp groups and social media

  1. Download the translated health guidance asset or video from Google Drive (link given above).
  2. Post the asset in the relevant WhatsApp group or social media group with a note to say:
    'The Mayor of London and Doctors of the World have provided translated COVID-19 guidance. Please forward this on to your contacts who speak [insert language] language. You can find out more at https://www.london.gov.uk/coronavirus/covid-19-resources-and-services-your-language'.
  3. Tag @MayorofLondon on Twitter and @mayorofldn on Instagram and use #LondonTogether.

Let us know if you can support the Mayor’s campaign by sharing these important translated messages, so we can track the communities we are reaching. We are particularly interested in reaching these audiences by community WhatsApp groups.

Level 2 mental health qualification

With one in four adults suffering from mental health problems, it’s more important than ever that organisations have an understanding of how to support employees. Learning Curve Group have the potential to develop a level 2 qualification in Understanding Mental Health First Aid and Mental Health Advocacy in the Workplace.

Course content:

  • Exploring mental health
  • How to support individuals with mental ill health
  • Understand a mentally healthy environment

For more information see the course poster (PDF).

Storage facility needed for Enfield community food project

The local charity, Cooking Champions, is looking for a hall or large room to store food and equipment, and prepare ready meals and food parcels for vulnerable people in Enfield.

Over the past six months, the incredible team at Cooking Champions has prepared over 27,000 nutritious meals to support communities in Enfield. They have been working with brilliant partners such as the Felix Project, homeless charities and local schools to make this work possible.

They are now in need of a storage facility - can you help? If so, please contact Clare Donovan by emailing info@cookingchampions.net.

Online meeting to discuss Southgate town centre

An online event to discuss Southgate town centre will be held on Thursday 8 October 2020, 6:30 to 7:30pm. To register, visit Eventbrite.

View the event poster (PDF) for more information.

BBC Children in Need Emergency Essentials Programme

BBC Children in Need Emergency Essentials Programme are giving individual grants to children and young people in Enfield. Funding is for basic essential items, such as beds, household appliances and clothing, as well as other items. For more information, email Gemma Walker at gemma.walker@familyfund.org.uk.

Precious Counselling and Mentoring

Precious Counselling and Mentoring provide counselling, mentoring and training services to support children, young people and their families for their positive emotional wellbeing.

Email Mauva Johnson-Jones at info@preciouscounsellingandmentoring.co.uk for partnership working or making any referrals.

Create a QR code to help reduce the spread of coronavirus

From 24 September, certain venues have been asked to display posters with a built-in QR code for people to check-in.

Community and faith groups are on the list of venues that need to have the special NHS Test and Trace poster for any physical location that is open to the public.

The posters will allow the NHS to know more quickly about the risk of the virus and where they need to take action to protect our communities and the ones we love. The NHS COVID-19 app will then provide users with local risk information and alert them if they have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive.

You may find these resources helpful:

  • For information on how to create a QR code, view the how to create a QR code poster (PDF).
  • Watch the QR codes for businesses explainer video on YouTube.
  • Find more information on creating a coronavirus QR code poster at GOV.UK.
  • The COVID-19 app has been launched - designed to protect yourself, your loved ones and our community. Watch the video explainer on YouTube

Courses from Workers Educational Association (WEA)

Enfield and Southgate WEA branch has a number of exciting courses running this autumn, which are all available for booking.

To enrol, visit wea.org.uk or call 0300 303 3464.

View the WEA courses poster (PDF) for more information.

Walking and Cycling Grants London funding opportunity

Walking and Cycling Grants London (WCGL) is a grants programme funded by Transport for London, in partnership with The London Marathon Charitable Trust and administered by Groundwork London.

WCGL funds grants of up to £10,000 over three years to community groups and organisations, to create projects and programmes that allow all communities across London to enjoy the benefits of walking and cycling.

We work with groups whose participants need encouragement and support to get them walking and cycling.

To apply, visit Walking and Cycling Grants London.

Temporary changes to children and young people’s NHS services across north central London

To make sure the NHS can deliver the best emergency and planned care across north central London during the winter, and the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, temporary changes to services for children and young people will begin on 28 September.

The changes will include the temporary closure of the children and young people’s emergency departments at the Royal Free Hospital and University College Hospital. The Whittington Hospital and North Middlesex Hospital children’s emergency departments will expand to meet demand. Barnet Hospital children’s emergency department has already reopened following a temporary closure.

List of temporary changes

This decision follows a review of children and young people’s health services across north central London, and includes the following temporary changes:

  • University College London Hospitals (UCLH) children and young people’s emergency department (at University College Hospital) will remain temporarily closed over winter. UCLH specialist inpatient and day-case services, including cancer haemato-oncology and complex adolescents, will remain open.
  • Royal Free Hospital children and young people’s emergency department will temporarily close, as well as its children and young people's inpatient beds.
  • Barnet Hospital children and young people's emergency department and inpatient unit has reopened, and will include child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS) crisis support.
  • The Whittington children and young people's emergency department and inpatient unit remains open and has expanded to meet forecast demand.
  • North Middlesex University Hospital children and young people's emergency department remains open with extra capacity. Inpatient services continue.
  • To maintain access to elective services, Great Ormond Street Hospital will provide more room for urgent elective inpatient and some – but not all – day surgery.

Parents of children receiving ongoing or planned care will be contacted directly if there are any changes to existing arrangements.

These temporary arrangements will allow the NHS to focus resources and reduce disruption to children and young people’s services, in case of an increase in demand due to the pandemic.

They have been approved by the North Central London Clinical Advisory Group as the safest way to deliver services for children and young people over the coming months.

Further information

If you need to access services, parents and carers of children and young people should call NHS 111 or go online to 111.nhs.uk, so that they can be to be directed to the most appropriate service.

Parents can also visit our website to get more information on the temporary changes.

Living Letters project

Throughout lockdown, Chickenshed has been running a new project called Living Letters. It’s a letter writing initiative, designed to connect people and build intergenerational friendships, for those who are missing conversation and human interaction.

The project began when Chickenshed’s Young Company, aged from 13 to 24, wanted to connect with senior members of our community. Understanding their own loneliness from lockdown, they were aware that others might also find themselves alone, so we began joining people together through letter writing.

How the project works

We guide senior members of the community through a programme of correspondence, where we pair them with a writing partner from Chickenshed. Through their letters, our couples are encouraged to reflect on life, share histories and swap stories. The aim is that, through this process, human connections are made and friendships are formed.

At the end of the four weeks of writing, pairs are brought together to meet each other in a virtual Zoom chatroom. They are then invited to join our social network, where they can continue meeting people and interact daily with our ‘Space Between Us’ community.

There is no charge to take part in the Living Letters project. We hope that you will join us.

To find out more, watch the beautiful Living Letters film from Chickenshed, or view the Living Letters poster (PDF).

Stop-smoking support in Enfield

If you would like to improve your health by quitting smoking, support is available.

If you are a smoker who is living, working or studying in Enfield, you can contact the London Stop Smoking Portal, or call them on 0300 123 1044.

This is a free service, and accessible both online and by phone, Monday to Friday from 9am to 8pm, and Saturday to Sunday from 11am to 4pm.

The service also includes one-to-one support to all pregnant women via the maternity services at the North Middlesex hospital. This service will be provided by the Enfield Stop Smoking Service, who you can contact by emailing enfccg.stopsmoking@nhs.net or phone 0208 379 2258.

View a slide with more information from the Enfield Stop Smoking Service (JPG).

Enfield Health and Wellbeing Centre

Enfield Health and Wellbeing Centre offers a range of free services, including:

For more information about our free services which may benefit your clients, contact Jenny Ramadan at the Enfield Health and Wellbeing Centre, Enfield Befriending Service:

Flu vaccination

There has never been a more important time to make sure you, and the people you care for, are protected against serious illnesses such as flu. Where vaccines are available, it’s vital that we use them to help keep everyone safe.

The NHS is doing everything it can to make sure vaccinations are given in safe environments. Safety measures are in place in schools to prevent the spread of COVID-19 when giving the vaccine.

Look out for updates from your GP or NHS team and book your vaccination as soon as they are available.

For more information visit the NHS website.

You can also watch these NHS YouTube videos:

  • Flu vaccination – Just the Flu! - Flu vaccination information: why it's more important than ever this year (subtitled)
  • Just the Flu! - Flu vaccination information: why it's important to have your child vaccinated (subtitled)

Property licensing in Enfield has changed

Property licensing improves living conditions, making homes safer for tenants as well as providing Enfield residents with a more desirable place to live and enjoy.

If you are a landlord with a property in Enfield, you need to check if your HMO rented property needs a licence. Property licensing provides clear guidance for landlords on the expected standards for property conditions and management.

From 1 September 2020, all HMO properties in Enfield that are rented to three or four people with shared facilities, need to be licensed by the landlord.

For more information, see private rented property licensing.

Annual canvass – too important to ignore

Time is running out to confirm or update the annual canvass details for your household.

To add your details:

  • Visit household response.
  • On the login page, enter both parts of the security code that is on the letter, canvass form or email you have received.

If you have no changes to make, you can either:

  • text NOCHANGE followed by Part 1 and Part 2 of your security code to 80212 (standard charges apply)
  • call 0800 197 9871

By law, Enfield Council needs to keep the voting register up to date.

Registering to vote can boost your credit report. If your credit report contains your electoral roll details, it can have a positive impact on your chances of getting credit and give you more financial freedom.

Lenders use the electoral register to help confirm your identity, name, and address before they will consider offering credit. It can also protect both you and them against fraud, and help prove your identity for essential services such as getting a passport.

If you have any questions about how to respond to the letter, form or email you have received, contact the Electoral Services office by emailing elections@enfield.gov.uk, or by phone on 020 8379 8582.

For more information, visit our annual canvass page.

Enfield Connections

Enfield Connections work closely with local organisations to offer a wide variety of information and support, including advice and assistance, fast-track disability service, and later life planning.

To find out more, view the Enfield Connections poster (PDF).

College open day and application information

Open days

We have virtual college open days coming up, where you can hear about our courses and ask questions.

City and Islington College

Upcoming open days:

  • Sixth Form College and Centre for Applied Sciences, Angel – 7 November 2020, 11am to 2pm.
  • Centre for Business, Arts and Technology, Camden Road – 14 November 2020, 11am to 2pm.
  • Centre for Lifelong Learning, Finsbury Park – 21 November 2020, 11am to 2pm.

Students can register and see up to date information for open days at candi.ac.uk.

View the City and Islington open day leaflet (PDF).

Westminster Kingsway College

Upcoming open days:

  • Wednesday 21 October 2020, 4pm to 6pm.

Students can register and see up to date information for open days at westking.ac.uk.

View the West Kingsway open day leaflet (PDF).

The College of Haringey Enfield and North East London

Upcoming open days:

  • Saturday 7 November 2020, TBA

Students can register and see up to date information for open days at conel.ac.uk.

View the College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London open day leaflet (PDF).

You can also arrange bespoke virtual school information sessions. If you’d like something specific for your school, contact Thomas Blundell (see details below).


All applications will be open from 21 October 2020. Applications stay open throughout the academic year, with the exception of City and Islington Sixth Form College which has an initial close date of 31 January 2021.

Students can apply using our Applicant Portal. They can also use this to track their application, as well as upload supporting information using the ‘Applicant Portal’ login in the top right-hand corner of our websites.

If you have any questions, please get in contact with:

Thomas Blundell
Marketing officer - Schools Liaison and Student Ambassadors
020 7963 4117

Virtual Singing for the Brain

The Alzheimer’s Society has recently started a Virtual Singing for the Brain Session on Thursday morning and afternoon, via Zoom or dial in.

Virtual Singing for the Brain is a ninety minute event aimed at people living with dementia, their family member or carer. It features an hour of group singing led by a trained Singing for the Brain leader, including thirty minutes before the singing starts for a quick chat.

These sessions are for people living in Barnet, Enfield and Haringey. To get involved, contact Syeda Bukhari, dementia support worker by:

View the Virtual Singing for the Brain poster (PDF).

Recruitment of advisory group: self-neglect and hoarding amongst older adults

Age UK London is recruiting an advisory group for a research project with Kings College London on self-neglect and hoarding.

The research aims to improve social care practice, and will run until 2022.

We are looking for advisory group members for this research who are either:

  • ‘experts by experience’ in hoarding or self-neglect
  • carers or family of someone who self-neglects or hoards
  • a service user of a support service for people who self-neglect or hoard
  • representatives from support organisations


Self-neglect and hoarding are problems that increasingly come to the attention of social care. Some evidence shows that poor health, loneliness, dementia or bereavement may sometimes lead to self-neglect and hoarding. People already susceptible to self-neglect may be at greater risk now, because of increased social isolation during the pandemic. Sadly, not much is known about how best to help people who behave in this way.

This study will investigate social care practice in England since the 2014 Care Act, and make recommendations for improvements in support to those who hoard. The research team will interview professionals - including social workers, NHS, voluntary sector staff and managers - as well as older people who self-neglect or hoard, and their relatives.

The advisory group will help us do this, and so we are looking for people with either direct experience of these problems or family members who care for people who self-neglect, or hoard.

What being on the advisory group involves

Members of the advisory group will be reimbursed for their time and knowledge, and be involved in the following:

  • Meet three times with the project team led by Kings College, and offer feedback and advice by email, phone, or online meetings (for example, Zoom).
  • Act as ‘critical friends’ by commenting on and helping to shape, the design of interview questions, information sheets and other paperwork - based on personal understanding of the issues involved.
  • Debate the issues raised as the research findings emerge.
  • Inform the project’s key messages as they are developed and delivered to achieve maximum impact - on prevention, practice guidance, and care worker training and continuing professional development for adult social care staff.

Please feel free to share this email or the attached flier with your contacts.

If you are interested or would like further information, contact Sharon Tynan from Age UK London by emailing stynan@ageuklondon.org.uk.

Tackling Loneliness Digitally - British Red Cross

The British Red Cross are committed to delivering help to those who need it most. Over the last few months, the number of people at risk of feeling lonely or isolated has increased – in some groups at a disproportionate rate – as connections with friends and family may have changed because of restrictions.

We have recently launched our new Tackling Loneliness Digitally programme, funded by the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS). It particularly focuses on reaching young people, those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) communities, the digitally excluded, refugees, asylum seekers and other vulnerable migrants, people at risk of loneliness due to health issues, and older people.

Education and resources

The British Red Cross has some exciting new online resources to help empower people who may be feeling lonely, and provide them with tools to build confidence, reach out to others and look to the future.

Please share these resources with your networks. All of our resources are free and can be found at British Red Cross. If you would like to be notified when we have new resources live on our website, sign up for updates.

Loneliness Digital Classroom

Our new Loneliness Digital Classroom is now open for bookings, where participants can explore how it might feel to be lonely or isolated, and learn skills to help others who may be experiencing loneliness. There are two sessions available, one for children and young people aged 10 to 19, and another for adults aged 19 and over.

Sessions can be booked by emailing redcrosseducation@redcross.org.uk, or calling 0344 412 2734.

We also have hard-copy wellbeing packs available if you can’t access online resources. If you would like some packs to distribute, you can submit your request through our online forms. You can order packs for adults, and packs for children and young people.

For more information contact:

Community Education
Bradbury House, Ohio Avenue, Salford, M50 2GT
Phone - 0754592656
Email - redcrosseducation@redcross.org.uk

Courses from Enfield Saheli

To see details about Enfield Saheli’s services, including online activities and free counselling, view the Enfield Saheli flyer (PDF). For more information, email info@enfield-saheli.org.uk.

Enfield Saheli support on domestic abuse

In this pandemic, cases of domestic abuse are increasing. We want women to have all the support they need, including other services that we offer to women, in various languages, to help you through any challenges you might be facing.

View the Enfield Saheli Introduction to Domestic Abuse Services (PDF).

Courses from Family Based Solutions

Family Based Solutions are running a schedule of courses. To see a list of the courses, including costs, dates and contact details, view the FBS courses (PDF).

Edmonton SDA Church food project

The Made in Enfield Cooked Food Project is available to all who are experiencing financial challenges, and are in need of a hot meal. The service runs on the last Sunday of the month, and is available for collections or home deliveries. Vegetarian and meat options are available.

Delivery and collection will be on:

  • Sunday 29 November, 1pm to 3pm.
  • Sunday 27 December, 1pm to 3pm.

To register, call 07506 793 101 or email madeinenfield2020@gmail.com.

View the Edmonton SDA Cooked Food Project flyer (PDF).

Jobcentre Plus: opportunities for public and voluntary organisations

Jobcentre Plus wants to work with local public and voluntary organisations to help unemployed people move off benefits and into employment. Some opportunities focus on specific measures or specific groups.

If you want to discuss how your organisation can work with Jobcentre Plus to help people back into work, contact your nearest Jobcentre Plus Service Leaders, who are responsible for relationships with external organisations.

The contact for North London is Theresa Wootten, who you can email at theresa.wootten@dwp.gov.uk.

The Ultra-Low Emission Zone is expanding from October 2021

The Ultra-Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) will be expanding from 25 October 2021.

Air pollution is not just a central London problem, with many areas still exceeding the legal limits for pollution across the city. So from 25 October 2021, the central London ULEZ is expanding to create a single, larger zone up to the North Circular Road (A406) and South Circular Road (A205). The North and South Circular Roads themselves are not in the zone.

This is part of the commitment by the Mayor and TfL to help every Londoner breathe cleaner air.

The ULEZ will continue to operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including weekends (except Christmas day), with a £12.50 daily charge for vehicles that don’t meet the required emissions standards.

Cars, motorcycles, vans and other specialist vehicles (up to and including 3.5 tonnes) and minibuses (up to and including 5 tonnes) will need to meet the required ULEZ emissions standards when driving within and into the expanded zone, or pay a daily charge.

Four out of five cars already meet the ULEZ emissions standards, but owners of older cars, motorcycles, lighter vans and minibuses need to take action.
You can check if your vehicle meets the ULEZ emissions standards, and view an interactive map of the zone at Transport for London.

Enfield Borough - COVID-19 local alert level ‘HIGH’

As you will know, London including Enfield has been designated as a Tier 2 (HIGH) coronavirus alert level. Cases of COVID-19 are continuing to rise in London, but we still have time to make a difference and contain the spread of the virus.

Tier 2 High means there are extra restrictions on what you can and can't do. These restrictions have been put in place by the government, and include:

  • Outdoors - only socialise in groups of up to six people.
  • Indoors - only mix with your own household or support bubble (this includes in restaurants and pubs).
  • A single person household can form a bubble with another household.
  • Aim to reduce the number of journeys taken on public transport.

Most of these restrictions relate to who you can meet and where you can meet them. They are designed to stop the recent increase in the number of cases of coronavirus.

Messaging to share

Please share these public health messages for Facebook (JPG) and Twitter (JPG) on your social media channels, including the hashtag #KeepEnfieldSafe.

If you send out an email or newsletter, please add the following message as appropriate:

  • To keep yourself and others safe, wash your hands and socially distance while out and about.
  • Remember, it is still a legal requirement to wear a mask while out and about (unless you have a valid exemption) and you must self-isolate and book a test if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
  • The symptoms of coronavirus are a new, continuous cough, a high temperature or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste. You can book a test by ringing 119 or visiting nhs.uk/coronavirus.
  • A complete list of ‘high’ alert level restrictions can be found at GOV.UK.

Equiano in Africa

A screening of Equiano in Africa film is taking place on Friday 13 November at 7pm. For more details see the Equiano in Africa poster (JPG).

Enfield and Southgate WEA course

Enfield and Southgate WEA are running a November course, Important French and British Artists 1600–1800 with Colin Lomas.

For details see the WEA course autumn flyer (PDF).

Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal

With many collections, services and events not going ahead, this year will be very difficult for the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal to gather funding. Depending on where you live, you may not see a poppy seller. However, you can still donate via the British Legion website.

The Royal British Legion supports the welfare of all service men, women and veterans. This year, the demand, due to mental health issues around COVID-19, will create even greater financial pressure, so please donate where you can. Every penny counts.

If you have any Armed Forces queries, you can email them to caroline.baker@enfield.gov.uk.

Online Volunteer Recruitment fair

Volunteer Centre Enfield are holding their first online recruitment fair, on 12 November 2020.

For more information, and details on how to sign up, view the online recruitment fair flyer (PDF). Please share with your network and colleagues.

EU Settlement Scheme

If you are an EU national, you need to make arrangements to allow you to stay in the UK. Guidance from the Government on how to register, as part of the EU Settlement Scheme, can be found at GOV.UK.

We know that many people in our EU national communities have already taken steps to register.

Citizens Advice Enfield is running regular webinars for people from our EU national communities who may still need assistance. The latest dates can be found at Citizens Advice Enfield, or you can book an appointment with them by calling 0300 330 1167.

COVID-19 update – New tier restrictions

It has been announced that from one-minute past midnight on 2 December 2020, Enfield along with London will move into the tier 2 'High alert' category. Several restrictions will apply. For more information, see local restriction tiers guidance.

Also, see the government’s Christmas bubble guidance, which will come into effect for 23 to 27 December 2020.

Planning a trip to Europe in 2021

To find out how the changes will affect you, visit GOV.UK/Brexit transition.

Keep up to date with new rules

If you own a business, find out what you need to do to get ready. The transition online checker tool allows businesses to get tailored information, to prepare for the end of the UK transition period with the EU on 31 December 2020.

To find out what you need to know and how the new rules will affect businesses from 1 January 2021, you can sign up for a free Local London 'Get Brexit ready' webinar. To find out how the changes will affect your business, visit GOV.UK/Brexit transition.

Booking for hospital accident and emergency

If you need help with an urgent, but not life-threatening medical need, contact NHS 111 first. NHS 111 can now book timeslots in A&E for those who need them at North Middlesex Hospital and Barnet Hospital.

Healthy people aged 50 to 64 years invited for the flu vaccination

This year more people are being offered the flu vaccine than ever before. The flu vaccine is now being offered to people aged 50 to 64. This is because this is the age that hospitalisations from COVID-19 start to increase, so the NHS don't want them to get flu as well.

It is important that you take up the offer to protect yourself. Get your free flu jab. Ask your GP or pharmacist.

Keeping well in mind and body

Our mental health is as important as our physical health, and there is always something we can do to improve it. Anxiety affects lots of us and can get overwhelming. But there are simple things you can do to improve your mental wellbeing.

For practical tips on how to improve your mental health, visit Healthy Enfield.

Raising housing standards in Enfield

Check if your rented property needs a licence. Properties that are rented to three or four people forming two or more households with shared facilities, need to be licensed by the landlord under a new HMO licensing scheme.

Silence for victims of domestic violence

The White Ribbon Campaign’s 16 days of action runs from 25 November (White Ribbon Day) to 10 December (UN Human Rights Day). Enfield Women’s Centre are arranging a minute’s silence for victims of domestic abuse on Thursday 10 December.

For more information, view the White Ribbon day poster (PDF).

Consultation on the Main Modifications to the Proposed Submission North London Waste Plan

The seven north London boroughs of Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Hackney, Haringey, Islington and Waltham Forest are preparing a joint North London Waste Plan (NLWP). The plan was submitted to the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government on 8 August 2019 and is being examined by an independent Planning Inspector (Mr Stephen Normington).

In response to the issues raised in the hearing sessions held in November 2019, the north London boroughs have prepared a Schedule of Proposed Modifications to the NLWP. This document has been published for consultation along with a Sustainability Appraisal Addendum, Habitat Regulations Assessment and other supporting documents. View the examination documents.

The consultation runs from 29 October to 10 December 2020. Representations received after 10 December 2020 cannot be accepted.

Due to COVID-19 restrictions, paper copies of the documents are only available in some of the main planning offices and Enfield libraries. Details are given in the representation form and guidance notes (PDF). Our preference is for consultees to make use of the online version of documents if possible, however if you require hard copies of documents, you can request these by emailing feedback@nlwp.net.

Submit representations electronically using one of these methods:

You can also post your representation to: North London Waste Plan, Planning and Regeneration, Camden Town Hall, Judd Street, WC1H 9JE

For more information, visit North London Waste Plan, email feedback@nlwp.net or phone 020 7974 3307.


Edmonton Foodbank

285 Brettenham Road, London, N18 2HF. 

Email info@edmonton.foodbank.org.uk.

Food distributions at All Saints Church Hall, Edmonton, N9 9PB

Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays. Phone 07488 342275.

Other Services - community advocacy, early intervention, befriending, housing support, school support and social prescribing. Programmes for 13 to 25 year olds - carpentry, life appreciation, ground therapy. 

ECYPS Foodbank

Wednesday 9.30am and Saturday 11.30am.

Everyone attending must wear masks and maintain social distancing. Please do not queue before the opening times. Tickets will be allocated randomly.

Edmonton Seventh-day Adventist Church 

The Houndsfield Road Community Centre, 8 Houndsfield Road, Edmonton, N9 7RA (brown building opposite Houndsfield Primary School). Every Saturday from 3pm to 5pm.

Giving away free food parcels from Morrisons, Tesco, neighbours and the Community Pantry, who have donated a small number of food packages, including dried and canned foods, milk and bread. All free food will be on a first come, first serve basis. Please bring your own bags.

St. Monica's Church

1 Stonard Road, Palmers Green, London, N13 4DJ. Every Monday from 3pm to 5pm.

All those in need are welcome and we will try to provide them with a free food bag.

North Enfield Foodbank

The foodbank is open on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 11am to 3pm for collection of emergency food parcels.

For information about how the foodbank works or how to get a referral, call them on 07826 542119 or email info@northenfield.foodbank.org.uk.

Enfield Methodist Church

Enfield Methodist Church has set up a food hub. They are supplying weekly parcels on a Friday to those in need of food during lockdown. They also deliver food to the elderly and vulnerable. They are working with Enfield Caribbean Association (ECA) to supply the African Caribbean community with fruit and vegetables particularly for the African Caribbean community.

You can register to receive food or volunteer to help. You can also contact Roz if you want to volunteer on 07956 017319.

Urgent appeal from Enfield Women's Centre

Enfield Women's Centre have been supporting women and families for over 25 few years. This is done via counselling, training, advice, information, food and clothing distribution, social activities and outings. Since COVID-19 the numbers have increased with more families being referred to them via social services, schools, health and other professionals.

They are trying to raise funds to give families a little extra this Christmas. They plan to deliver hampers and would like to include a variety of treats, including Christmas crackers, stocking fillers, yummies and a food voucher to go towards a turkey or other main course item. Families differ in size, with some having up to eight children, including some with differing abilities. They also plan to include small toys and activities.

They cannot do this without your help, so if you would like to donate, visit their Christmas hamper and toy appeal.

Census 2021

The Voluntary Sector Groups has been identified as one of our key resources in maximising our Census 2021 engagement. Enfield is working with the Office for National Statistics (ONS) in reaching out to the hard to reach groups, enabling them to get involved in the census process. We believe voluntary organisations will be key in helping us reach these demographics and would like to share these contacts with the ONS.

To see how you can get involved, please contact Craig Rowe (ONS Census Engagement Manager for Enfield) by emailing craig.rowe61@field.census.gov.uk. Craig will then contact you directly. Your participation would be greatly appreciated.

Grants for Enfield 2021

Enfield Voluntary Action (EVA) are pleased to announce two new grant programmes for groups that deliver 80% of their services to residents in Enfield. For information on these grant programmes, including guidelines, updates and application forms, visit Grants for Enfield.

If you're thinking about applying for either of the grants, you can attend one of the online funding workshops. Full details below.

You may also find EVA's online training, 'keep your organisation safe', useful to understand more about identifying and managing potential risks associated with running a project. The training is on 24 November 2020, from 9.50am to 12.30pm.

Grants panels

EVA will recruit volunteer community sector representatives to receive training and sit on the Grants Panel. Panel members will consider applications and decide whether projects can be funded, how much funding they should receive, and whether any conditions should be applied to the grant award. 

Find out more about Grants Panels and how to apply.

Active Youth Enfield Grants

Active Youth Enfield will award grants between £1,500 and £2,000 to voluntary and community groups, and community amateur sports clubs. Grants are for projects focused on physical activity and sports for young people aged 14 to 19 in Enfield. Projects will start from February 2021. Funded by London Sport.

For more information, see Active Youth Enfield GrantsThe application deadline is 21 January 2021.

Funding workshop - If you are interested in applying for this grant, there is an Active Youth Enfield funding workshop on 8 December 2020 (online via Microsoft Teams).

Tackling Poverty and Inequality in Enfield Grants

Tackling Poverty and Inequality in Enfield will award grants between £500 and £10,000 to voluntary and community groups. Grants are for projects that address challenges faced by Enfield residents in everyday life, including physical and mental health, access to education, training and digital support, and personal and financial insecurity.

Projects will start from March 2021. Funded by National Lottery Community Fund, North Central London Cancer Alliance and Enfield Council.

For more information, see Tackling Poverty and Inequality in Enfield grants. The application deadline is 8 February 2021.

Funding workshop - If you are interested in applying for this grant, there is a Tackling Poverty and Inequality funding workshop on 12 January 2021 (online via Microsoft Teams).

Christmas bin collection dates and tips

View Christmas and New Year changes to the rubbish and recycling service (pdf) and easy ways to reduce your food waste (PDF).

Skills and Training Network funded courses

View information on fully funded courses (PDF) from the Skills and Training Network.

For more information, visit Skills and Training Network, or call 020 8887 0155 or 07400 699 068.

Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime's (MOPAC) Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) Grassroots Fund

The London Community Foundation is pleased to launch this £3m fund to support existing VAWG-specialist grassroots organisations operating across London’s diverse communities. The aim of the fund is to support grassroots organisations who focus on ending VAWG. They can provide two-year grants of up to £100,000 and a programme of capacity building, peer support and networking events.

Who can apply?

The fund will award two-year grants to specialist, grassroots ending VAWG organisations with an income of less than £500k. A minimum of 60% of funding will be prioritised for grassroots, by and for, BME specialist organisations. A maximum of 40% will be for specialist grassroots community organisations who provide ending VAWG services for marginalised and minoritised groups, such as disabled women, LBTQ+ women, women with no recourse to public funds and women involved in prostitution.

For individual organisations, two-year grants of between £30,000 (£15,000 per year) and £100,000 (£50,000 per year) are available. Partnerships of up to three organisations can apply for two-year grants of up to £120,000 (£60,000 per year) for the partnership.

How to apply

Visit The London Community Foundation to read the fund prospectus before applying. Applicants must answer a few short questions about their organisation and proposal to ensure they are eligible before being invited to complete a full application form.

The fund closes for applications at 12pm on 11 January 2021.

Tender opportunity

Supporting people to improve their health and wellbeing and improving self-management

Enfield Council is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified organisations (whether they are Consortia or not) for the provision of prevention and early intervention services meeting the care and support needs of communities in the borough.

This tender is being relaunched following the suspension of the last procurement process (in March 2020, DN471685) due to COVID-19.

Interested organisations can express their interest by completing the standard selection questionnaire and uploading, along with required support documents, onto the eTendering system.

The deadline to submit application documents is 5pm on 18 December 2020. Please note that emailed or faxed submissions, whether in full or in part, will not be accepted and will result in the application being rejected.

For more information, visit ProContract or contact Mekonnen Gutta by emailing mekonnen.gutta@enfield.gov.uk.

COVID-19 update – New tier restrictions

London has been placed in the Tier 4 (Stay at Home) alert area from 20 December 2020.

Tier 4 key messages:

  • Stay at home
  • You cannot join or form a Christmas bubble

View the latest posters which summarise the rules:

Community rapid testing sites in Enfield

In addition to the testing sites for those who have symptoms, there are now three rapid testing sites open for residents who don't have symptoms. Around 1 in 3 people with COVID-19 don't have any symptoms but can still pass it on.

The borough-wide rapid testing, also known as lateral flow testing, will offer on-the-spot testing without the need to book an appointment. You will receive your results on the same day.

The lateral flow testing sites are situated at:

  • Klinger Hall, N18 (if you're using Google maps, look up Petite Starz Nursery, entrance via Silver Street)
  • Kempe Hall, Kempe Road, EN1 4QS
  • Brigadier Hall, Cedar Road, EN2 0NL

Opening times are 9am to 6pm. More sites will be identified as rapid testing facilities and added to the list on our get a test page.

Latest information

There have been a lot of changes in the last week. The best way to keep up to date is to follow Enfield Council on Twitter @EnfieldCouncil or Facebook @EnfieldCouncilUK.

If you do have a Twitter account or Facebook page for your group, please do share posts from the council's social media accounts to ensure everyone has the latest updates.

Life After Domestic Abuse Workshops for Survivors by Family Based Solutions

Every Friday from 10am to 12pm, starting 15 January 2021 and ending on 12 February 2021. This is a free event and all sessions will be held via Zoom.

Those wishing to attend must complete a referral form (PDF) (highlight DART at the top of the form) and email it to admin@familybasedsolutions.org.uk. The link to attend the course will then be sent closer to the times.

You do not need to use real names or have your camera on when attending the online course and it can be done in the safety of your own home.

Londoners to get NHS urgent and emergency care in the right place, at the right time with 111 First

NHS 111 can now book time slots for those who need them at all Accident and Emergency (A&E) departments across Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey and Islington (north central London).

This is part of a drive to make it easier and safer for patients to get the right treatment at the right time, without waiting for long periods in an A&E department. This will also help the NHS to minimise the risk of COVID-19 transmission, by allowing more space for social distancing in A&E waiting rooms.

The new system started in the autumn across several London hospitals, including the North Middlesex University Hospital and Barnet Hospital, and has now expanded to the Royal Free, UCLH and Whittington Health. Children and those needing mental health treatment are now also included.

If you think you have an urgent, but not life-threatening, health problem, contact NHS 111 First. You can either call 111 or visit NHS 111 online 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

In north central London we have increased our NHS 111 capacity by 20%, meaning that more doctors, nurses, pharmacists, paramedics, dental nurses and trained health advisors than ever before are available to help you.

If you or your loved one has a life-threatening illness or injury, then you should always call 999.

If you do arrive at A&E without contacting NHS 111, you will still receive medical care, with the most urgent needs prioritised. However, using NHS 111 First will help you get quicker, safer care in the right environment.

Employment opportunities and volunteering

Community Youth Leader (closing date: 14 January 2021)

  • Across London boroughs, especially Camden, Islington, Haringey and Westminster
  • £200 per workshop
  • Sessional

Let Me Know (LMK) is looking for passionate and organized educators (LMK Leaders) to run community workshops aimed at young people aged between 11 and 24.

For more information and to apply, visit Charity Job.

Become a Mind in Haringey Trustee (closing date: 28 January 2021)

Mind in Haringey have an exciting new opportunity for people to join their Trustee Board. If you are passionate about mental health, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!

For more information and to apply, visit Mind in Haringey.

Community Connector - LGBTQI+ inclusive (closing date: 12 noon, 31 December 2020)

  • Hours of work: 37.5 per week
  • Annual Leave: 25 days (plus bank holidays)
  • Salary: £30,000 (+3%pension contribution)
  • Period: Two years fixed term
  • Based: London Borough of Haringey

An exciting career step to lead on community building with a focus on older people, including LGBTQI+ residents.

For more information and to apply, visit Haringey Reach and Connect.

Modern slavery awareness

Modern slavery is hidden, often in plain sight. It can be everywhere around us in our daily lives - on our high streets, in local businesses and maybe even your next-door neighbour. It is common in nail bars, car washes, care homes, farming and within the homeless community.

Modern slavery is a major and growing issue for our local communities, with an estimated 100,000 to 130,000 potential victims in the UK (but the figure is believed to be far higher).

Modern slavery encompasses human trafficking, slavery, servitude and forced labour through the means of mental or physical threat, coercion and/or abuse, and physical constraints or restrictions placed on freedom.

In response to this ongoing issue, Enfield Council formed the specialist Modern Slavery Team in January 2020, which works jointly with a specialist modern slavery Police team. The team's focus is to investigate locational issues, such as homes or businesses, and support the MASH team with concerns they have with children and adults that may be victims of modern slavery. The aim is to work in partnership with other key departments, including housing, community safety and health, to collate evidence and information to share with the Police to secure potential prosecutions.

The Modern Slavery team has a dedicated helpline for the public and professionals to seek specialist support and advice around this issue. The team also runs regular awareness training (currently delivered via MS Teams) which covers various areas including:

  • what is modern slavery
  • types of exploitation
  • where and what to look out for
  • the modern slavery strategy and national referral mechanism
  • referral pathways

This training is ongoing, so if you're interested in discussing this with our team, please email modernslavery@enfield.gov.uk or phone 020 3821 1763.

Bountagu Big Local – Tenders

Could you help Bountagu with their marketing and communications?

Bountagu are inviting tenders from individuals and organisations with relevant experience, to lead on developing and implementing a communication strategy to promote and raise awareness of Bountagu through a wide range of platforms. This will initially run until the end of June 2021.

  • Closing date for proposals is Monday 25 January 2020
  • Interviews and appointment during the first week of February
  • Immediate commencement with monthly reporting
  • Contract initially due for review end of June 2021

For more information, visit Bountagu invitation to tender: comms and marketing.

Could you help Bountagu redesign and rebuild their website?

Buontagu are inviting tenders for the redesign and rebuilding of their website, and will require annual hosting, regular backups, managed updates and support. This should work alongside the need for the website to be sustainable for a volunteer-led entity and cost effective in the future.

  • Closing date for proposals is Monday 25 January 2020
  • Interviews and appointment during the first week of February
  • Project should be completed before end of April

For more information, visit Bountagu invitation to tender: website redesign.