Facebook Campaign enables us to measure response and retarget from campaigns we run on Facebook and Instagram

Enfield and Brexit

Enfield benefits greatly from our diverse and dynamic local communities whose origins can be traced from all over the world. We estimate that around 26,000 (one in twelve) Enfield residents are from other European Union (EU) countries.

We are proud that so many people from EU countries have chosen to live in Enfield, contributing to the local community. We hope that Brexit will not affect our residents and that those who want to stay will do so.

We are committed to ensuring that Enfield, its residents and businesses get the best outcome from Brexit and are making plans to ensure we continue to provide excellent services to everyone in Enfield.

Government guidance and information

Leaving the EU will lead to a number of changes that will affect businesses and residents. If you are:

  • an EU citizen, you and your family will need to apply for settled status to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021
  • a business owner, you need to find out what may change and the steps you should take to prepare
  • planning to travel to the EU, there will be some changes that could affect your travels

For the latest guidance and information on preparing to leave the EU, visit GOV.UK.

Other useful information and guidance

Help from Enfield Council

We recognise that local people who may be affected by Brexit will be taking steps to prepare for the UK leaving the EU. For those who may feel they require some additional help, including guidance on applying for settled status, we have staff available in our four flagship libraries to assist: Enfield Town, Ordnance Road, Palmers Green and Edmonton Green.

For the latest information and guidance on the UK exiting the EU, visit GOV.UK. As more information on Brexit emerges, you can check back here. You can also keep up to date by signing up for our regular newsletter.