Due to the coronavirus outbreak, the Housing Service has amended its procedures to keep members of the public and staff safe. We will only be seeing people by appointment.
- If you're homeless today and have not been in contact with us already, call 020 3821 1769 for advice about what to do and how we can help
- If you need help with a housing problem or are at risk of becoming homeless (or have been given a notice by your landlord or a court), call 020 3821 1769
- If we are already working with you and you need to speak to your caseworker, call them on the number they have given you. If they are not available, your call will be forwarded to another officer who will assist you. We are likely to be very busy. Unless your query is urgent (you're due to be evicted in the next 14 days, or you have found a new property), you should email your case officer and only call if you don't hear from them in three working days.
- If you need to submit information, use your smartphone to take pictures of the documents that you have been asked to provide. Photograph all the relevant pages/sides of your documents and include your housing application reference in the email subject line. These can be emailed to:
- If someone has asked you to come in for an appointment, make a note of the person's name. When you arrive, let the security guard know your name and the name of the person who has asked you to come in.
- If a change to your income has affected your ability to pay Council Tax, rent, mortgage and other household bills, check our advice and information page to help you during this difficult time. If after reading this you're still unsure what to do and need further help, you can complete our financial support referral form. Our Welfare Advice and Debt Support team will then contact you to help.
- If you're in crisis now and can't afford food or essential items, or need help completing the financial support referral form, ring 020 8379 1000 (select option 7), Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm
If you're worried about becoming homeless and need advice, visit our Housing Advisory Service page.