Facebook Campaign enables us to measure response and retarget from campaigns we run on Facebook and Instagram

Local support - Enfield stands together

Local community support is available to help people get necessary items such as food, medication, and advice on financial hardship, particularly during times when restrictions are increased to slow the spread of COVID-19.

Food support and deliveries

If you need food support, visit our help with food page.

This includes information about how to access food if you can't afford it, and how to arrange food deliveries with supermarkets.

Getting your medication

If you need to self-isolate, you may not be able to get to a chemist. If you have prescription medication, check if your chemist will deliver to you. Some pharmacies offer home deliveries and a repeat prescription service.

Contact your local pharmacy or GP surgery to find out more. You may also find these links useful:

If you are struggling financially

COVID-19 has caused many residents immediate financial hardship, because you have lost your job or your income has dropped.

This might affect your ability to pay for essentials, such as food, utility bills and council tax, rent, mortgage and other household bills.

Check the advice and information on our financial hardship page and if you still need further help, you can complete our financial support referral form.

If you're in crisis now and cannot afford food or essential items, need help completing the financial support referral form or need information about COVID-19, ring 020 8379 1000 (select option 7), Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.

Self-isolation payments

From 28 September 2020, the government introduced a Test and Trace Self-Isolation Support payment of £500, for people who need to self-isolate for two weeks and can't work from home.

If you want to apply, you must do so within two weeks of the final date of your isolation period. It's important that you provide all the information and evidence asked for.

Visit our self-isolation payments page to apply.

If you still need support

If you're vulnerable, struggling to cope, and haven't received a letter offering additional support, NHS Volunteer Responders can help you by:

  • collecting shopping, medication (if your friends and family cannot collect them for you) or other essential supplies
  • making a regular, friendly phone call which can be provided by different volunteers each time or by someone who will stay in contact for several weeks
  • helping with transportation to medical appointments

To arrange support call 0808 196 3646 between 8am and 8pm, or if you need transport support speak to your health care professional. For more information visit NHS Volunteer Responders.

Other useful contacts:

If you need more practical support, we can help you if:

  • you're self-isolating or caring for someone who is isolating because of Covid
  • you can't work or carry out other necessary activities because of self isolation or caring for someone who is self isolating

Speak to one of our officers by calling 020 8379 1000 and choosing option 7. Someone will advise you on how the council can help you.

Always dial 999 if an ambulance or the police are required.

Enfield Voluntary Action logo
NHS logo
Enfield Age UK logo
Enfield Carers Centre logo
Citizens Advice Enfield logo
North Enfield Food Bank logo
Felix project logo
Enfield Council logo